Friday, April 24, 2015
I received this book free from bloggingforbooks for my honest review.
Here is my review on http://www.bloggingforbooks.com
Love this book. Even though it is not really a book. It contains pages of stationary that can be folded and mailed. Very cute idea.
I think it would be a great gift for a child going off to college, cute and quirky notes to put into lunches, overnight bags, or gifts.
Being one page, I think people would be more apt to write.
Love this book. You really must check it out.
Friday, April 17, 2015
I have been going thru Amazon looking for great free books. If you go to where it says best sellers in the Kindle department, you can pick top 100 free ebooks. Love it.
I am sharing a few of my frugal tips.
Here are my some of my favorite frugal tips. I hope these help you out.
1. Cut cable. We have an HD antenna. We get all the local channels plus PBS, ION, Escape, and Grit. We get cable and internet at my SIL's house when we dog sit on Mondays and Fridays. It makes it a treat.
2. Which leads me to number two. I use internet at the library or my SIL's. Keeps me from wasting time surfing the net.
3. Clearance areas. I love Kroger's and Target for this especially. I can sometimes get milk at Kroger's for 1.49 per gallon. I even got a bag of scallops for 3.00.
4. Kroger Shhh brand tea. I give like 1.09 for 100 bags.
5. Know what places have kids eat free nights.
6. Get rid of stuff and quit buying stuff to put stuff in. LOL
7. Cut my husband's hair.
8. The 99cent store. I have bought Udi's bread for 99cents, it sells for around 7.99 in the health food store. You can find tons of Gluten-free items. Lots of organic items also. I really like the 99cent version of Lubiderm lotion. I put a few drops of eo into the bottle to scent it as I wish. Most personal care items sold here are made in the USA.
9. The library. Books, movies, cds, etc. Plus we can buy books cheaply at the libraries book sale area. My best tip here also is when I check out, I renew as many times as I can. That way I have the items longer and it cuts out late fees.
10. Always grocery shopping after eating something. Never shop hungry.
11. I like to get free ebooks and magazines at Amazon. I hate to pay magazine subscription prices. Especially since it is almost completely full of advertisements.
12. Grow as many veggies, herbs, and fruit as you can.
13. I like to buy clothes at Second hand shops, Salvation Army, or Goodwill.
14. I try to carry larger bills. I hesitate before breaking a 20.00. I think it is just a mind thing.
15. Make sure you have coupons with you, they won't help you if you don't have them.
16. I like to give gift cards as gifts. Diary Queen, Starbucks, Panera. Something people can use everyday. It is nice to get a Starbucks for free.
17. Make your own cleaning supplies.
18. Use old clothes for rags.
19. Use powder laundry soap to clean your tub. I get mine at the dollar store. Leaves it shiny and rinses clean.
20. I try store brands. Or shop at Aldi's.
21. I use a Credit Union instead of a bank. I get free checking.
22. I get the reward cards at Walgreens, Krogers, etc. Some discount or rebate is better than none. It helps to get fuel points too.
23. We do date night at home. Watch a movie, talk, or eat a fancy dessert that we make at home.
24. Take advantage of Ladies Day at the oil change place. You get a discount.
25. Tax free weekend here in Texas. It covers school supplies and such.
26. Make sure that you put your ceiling fan the right direction for the season. Winter it should be clockwise and summer should be counter-clockwise.
27. We two fans to circulate air thru the apartment. I notice that the air conditioner doesn't run as much.
Ok, that is what I can think of now. What are some of your tips?
Have a great day.
Remember to enter my giveaway for a mother's devotional book. Send me an email or comment with your email address. The drawing will be held on May 1st.
Friday, April 10, 2015
I was given a copy of this from BloggingforBook.com for my honest review.
This is an Eleven week Devotional Bible Study for women of all seasons of motherhood.
I really enjoyed this book. It has great bite sized pieces of study for each day.
It was well written. I would recommend this book to any women in any season of motherhood. Great book!
Read my review here: http://www.bloggingforbooks.org/blogger/reviews
Monday, April 6, 2015
I have two copies of this book to giveaway.
I will draw two names on May 1st. Leave your name and email in the comment section of this blog. If someone leaves a comment and tells me they found this giveaway on your blog or comment, I will give you an extra chance.
The review will be up on my site soon.