Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Opening a new chapter in life




I have left my job at The Home Depot in order to make my own schedule and be my own boss.  I was getting tired of getting taken advantage of and the long hours standing on concrete.  I would have to sometimes beg someone to take my place so I could go to the restroom or take a break.  No one wanted to do the greeting job that I was doing sometimes eight hours.  Between the aching muscles and the run for the restroom, I had had enough.

I had been praying for some time about getting back home to be a stay at home Mom, wife, and homeschool educator.  I have tossed around the idea of cleaning homes to help keep the household running.

Well, some jobs have come up and I decided to take the leap and leave the corporate world behind.  I can set my own schedule and take Bri with me.

Bri is really at a time in her life that she needs her Mom.  I have the feeling that she is coming into puberty.  She will be 10 in Oct and she is acting like a teen.  That is what really made me make the decision.

What I need most is prayers.  Will you pray for us?  I have gotten back to the practice of praying every morning along with reading a devotional.  I am now able to go to church regularly and a bible study with other ladies.  I had to leave all that behind when I took full time work. 

I am really relying on God right now to lead me in the right direction.  All we need comes from him.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Working today seems to be even tougher than when I was a teen. my teen kids who worked, hated their jobs. I too am a stay-at-home Mom. I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you and God is able. cast your cares upon Him for He cares for you...you're making the right decision to be a MOD, mother on duty as opposed to an absent parent. God will honor your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like God is definitely leading you into a new and better direction. Good for you for listening to His voice. I know God will provide for you family. Hang in there! You're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete