Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I normally don't listen to movie hype

I am not one to go for hype.  But I reserved "Wettest County in the World" by Matt Bondurant.  It is the book that the movie "Lawless" is made from.  I am a history buff and decided to read the book. 

The day that I got this book, I started to read it.  Some hours later, I had finished it.  I could not put it down.  I just had to know what happened next.  It was very violent and really nasty at some points.  I am very glad I decided to read the book and not watch the movie.   Paybacks are very nasty. 

I tried to keep the time frame in mind.  It was a violent time.  Money, men, and booze is a really bad mix.  On the other hand, what was someone to do at that time?  It was the depression and people had families.  So I will not judge this.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was in parts, it jumps from one time frame to another.  I thought it was a bit distracting.  I don't like time jumping in books.

If you have read it, let me know your thoughts. 

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. Even during the dark ages, God had a remnant. My grandmother used to tell me that most towns out west were wild until the women folk come to town and called for a church, school and doctor's office. Women held the standard during some really bad times in this country's history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered that book from the library. With the garden slowing down, I have hopes to actually sit and have time to read.

    ReplyDelete