Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A new way to shampoo hair?

I tried a new thing yesterday.  I went the no poo way. 

The newest thing is Wen.  It is a no shampoo way to clean your hair.  But it is very expensive. 

I ran across this recipe on one of my favorite sites:
http://www.livingonadime.com/homemade-shampoo-recipe/

I did it yesterday and I am shocked and happy with the results.  I used a double recipe since I was in the pool.  My thin, hug my head hair is so different.  It seems thicker, smoother, and easier to manager.  No tangles. 

It costs a few cents per use.  I can get use to that.

My daughter who is seven was very interested as she doesn't like the washing process.  We will be trying it on her next.  The only question she had was if I was going to smell like salad all day.  LOL  I didn't.

Try it out and let me know how it works for you!!!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Amy! I'm excited to give it a try. I've tried several homemade "shampoo/conditioner" recipes and have not liked the results. I'm not ready to give up on it yet! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this method works great! I used it for almost a year, but when I started travelling again went back to washing with my own homemade milk soap, which works just as well. Just easier and less to carry around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post thanks for sharing ...looking for to visit more blessings

    ReplyDelete