Monday, April 16, 2012

Rooster on vacation

It is so nice to have my Rooster home this week on vacation.  We don't have big plans.  Mostly just hang out and enjoy the break from his stressful and physical job.

We hope to get to Galveston.  It has been raining all day here.  We had to pay some bills, so we just walked around the mall and had Arby's for lunch.  That is something we haven't had for a long time. 

Boy, there has been so many pelicans around here.  Rooster tells me that it is mating season for pelicans.  I really enjoy watching them get fish.  It is amazing to me how close they fly to the water.  It seems like inches above the water.  They are so big.  I couldn't believe what a large bird they are until I saw one up pretty close.

This whole town is pretty much a bird santuary.  That is the best part about living here. 

That is about all for now.  Take care and have a wonderful night.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I do hope you can visit Galveston. I've only seen it in pictures and it just looks like fun place to visit...lots of cute, vintage homes :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Galveston once and loved it. Enjoy your time together wherever life takes you.

    ReplyDelete