Friday, January 20, 2012

Where did January go???

My Goodness!!  I can't believe how fast time is flying. 

I have an update on my blog http://www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

I have added vitamins to my daily routine now.  I have to tell you that my experience with Puritan's Pride has been wonderful.  Now, this is my own words and I didn't receive anything from this company.  But the prompt service and value for my money is so worth talking about.  I had a problem with the shipping address that was taken care of ASAP.  They have live chat which is great.  The buy 1 get 2 or buy 2 get 3 was such a deal.  Yes, you got five bottles of the vitamin for the price shown.  They even carry Vegetarian ones for those who want it.  My shipping was free because I spent over 50.00.  (Not that it is very hard to do that)  Plus they gave me 10% off my order.  (First order, I think)  Please check them out.  You can go to http://www.puritan.com or call 1-800-645-1030.  They use Pay Pal which I really like too.

I am still in the process of sorting, cleaning, and clearing.  We still have about two or three truck loads of stuff that needs to be moved.  But Rooster has been working alot and has been too tired and sore to worry about it at this time.  Poor guy now has a head cold.  I have been taking lots of C and knock on wood, have been ok.  I did get him started on a muli-vitamin with fiber.  I think this has been helping him.  His job is very physical and he is just all in when he gets home.  I got a gummi vitamin and set it next to his side of the bed.  So he takes it before he goes to bed.  I started Bri on Disney gummi vitamins too.  With the crazy get up at 4:30, get back by 6:30, go back to bed for a bit, and get back up thing, I am trying to make sure she gets enough rest, exercise, and good nutrition.  She has been staying up late.  So I think I need to leave her some more outside time to tire her out. 

As for me, I think I have finally got a handle on this thyroid and adrenal disfunction thing.  I am taking my meds on time, taking my vitamins, and trying to take a few "time out" minutes in the day.  It has been so wonderfully warm here, that I can sit outside with my tea for a break in the afternoon.  I have also simplified my homeschool schedule.  I think I was trying to be super Mom, super Wife, and super Home Educator.  Plus taxi driver, chef, nurse, etc that comes with being a SAHM and home educator. 

I have been using my crockpot and using more easy to prep meals.  That helps so much.  I popped a corned beef in yesterday morning and we had corned beef, carrots, and potatoes with about five minutes prep and just the time it takes to slice the meat.  Phew!!  Plus I am concentrating on a weeks worth of meal ideas.  I have very little storage and I find that things get lost in the refrig if I try to do longer.  So that is less stress too.

Well, I am off to the library and the park.  Have a most wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are staying busy. Good vitamins are wonderful! So glad you like yours. We are fans of USANA vitamins. They sure have made a difference in our lives. Glad to hear you are feeling healthier! Blessings, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone feeling better. I love a cock pot. It has saved me more then once. You reminded me I have to clean out my frig and see how many science projects I have collected.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy, I can totally relate to trying to be Super Mom...we need to keep ourselves in check and take breaks all the time. I am trying to give myself a day "off" but the kids are revolting (ha ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I have been under the weather since Thanksgiving and not been around much. So glad to see things are going better for you. I wanted be on your follow list but do not see any place on your blog to add you. It is easier for me to list on follower than email. Thank you so much for your prayers. God Bless you.
    Mrs. J. (Eileen)

    ReplyDelete