Friday, April 1, 2011

Long time no post.



Life has been crazy here!  Plus I can't find my charger for the batteries for my camera.  Still looking for that.  No, I haven't caged my daughter.  This is a picture of her in the puppy pen.  LOL

Can you believe that it is April?  Time flies.  We are planning our trip to Ohio in May.  Can't wait to see my folks.

We are Spring cleaning.  Bri has decided that she doesn't want her Princess stove and other toys any more.  She has also decided that she doesn't want her Princess bed clothes.  So we pulled everything out of her closet.  Tons of clothes are going too because she grew like a weed.  So I let her go to Anna's Linens and pick out a new comforter.  She picked out a white one with big mum like flowers on it in two shades of purple.  I guess we are going into the purple stage. 

Lost a bunch of my cool weather crops as the temps soared into the upper 80's.  So I will have to try lettuce, spinach, and such in the fall.  We planted a lemon tree.  I am hoping that this will bring in some bees for my veggie plants.  I didn't see one bee last year.  Got tons of blossoms and no fruit.

I colored my hair red.  I know, I said that I wasn't going to bother with haircolor.  One of the ladies in my homeschool group did her hair and I decided that it would be fun.  So I am now a redhead.  My hubby loves it.  (He has a thing for redheads, but that wasn't the reason that I picked red)  Any color that I pick always ended up red looking, so I went ahead and went for Auburn.  Everyone tells me how much they like it and how natural it looks.  People have also told me that I look ten years younger.  I wonder then, Gosh, did I look that bad before???  LOL

I don't know if I shared this recipe before, but it is great when you get lots of cucumbers.

7 cups unpeeled cucumbers
2 medium yellow onions, sliced
1 finely diced red pepper
1 Tablespoon salt
1 cup white vinegar
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon celery seed

Wash cucumbers and slice very thin.  In a large bowl, gently toss cucumbers, onions, and red pepper with salt.  Refriegerate overnight.

Drain mixture and pat dry.  Mix viegar, sugar, and celery seed in a microwaveable dish for about 20 to 30 seconds or until the sugar is completely dissolved. 

Pour over veggies and toss with dressing.  Refrigerate until chilled.  Serve with a slotted spoon.

Make about 9 cups

God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. You..a red head?! Show pics!! I bet it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everyone is well. I am spring cleaning...it's ugly around here, I hate cleaning. My baby boy will be here on Tuesday! He is moving here and I think we will be getting married in late May. I am excited, he is excited, my Mom is not! Oh well! Take care my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, would love to see a picture of your new hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, spring cleaning. I am in the process too. Having 2 daughters at 2 and a half and 11 months, there's no parting with toys, yet, but clothes yes. I have so many clothes for our semi annual children's consignment. Thanks for your quick little recipes, I already have something very similar for the dry rub and I love it, and I might just try that quick pickle. Hope Bri is doing better.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete