Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Morning

Finally, we are getting some rain.  It has been so dry here. 

I have been planting seeds here and there.  We are planning on building a raised bed.  We are going to buy three 10 feet boards.  We will cut one in half and we will have a 10 X 5 frame.  I am hoping that this will do better than the yucky garden we had last year.  Bri planted a salad garden in one of the pots.  She is so excited.  She asked than when the salad is ready to pick, if she can make dinner that night.  I told her that was a great idea. 

I have a recipe to share:

Great Dry Rub Mix
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup ground cumin
1 Tbsp Cayenne pepper
1 Tsp onion powder
1 Tsp garlic powder

Combine all ingredients.  Store in an airtight container.  Use with ribs, steak, chicken, or pork.

7 comments:

  1. Yum, that sounds good. We just had steak last Saturday. Love it!

    Hope you have better luck with your garden this year. Ours did well last year, but this year we are are going to try to grow even more. We learned a lot of lessons about what to plant and so forth. Glad you guys are getting rain. We're still getting some snow now and then, so it'll still be awhile before I can plant any seeds.

    Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Maybe I should do something with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had major rain as well. It certianly is NOT dry here anymore.

    Been hard to go for my bike rides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, that you wrote me!
    I used to drink coffee in the morning and one during the day.
    Many of the plans, but little strength ....
    I am glad that the rain fell with you, to be the seeds.
    God bless you! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need some rain San Antonio way! Been watering my little sprouts daily and looking to the skies! Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. And by the way, Welcome to Texas ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do raised bed planting and we just LOVE IT! It is so much easier on my back! May God bless you with an abundant harvest in your new beds!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    P.S. Thank you for the rub recipe...it sounds DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings to you on this April 1!!!!

    ReplyDelete