Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tales

It has dropped from the 70's to 41 here.  The Weather Channel said that it dropped from the 70's to the 40's in 17 minutes after the front went thru.  That is a huge change.  We expect the low 20's and really high winds tonight.  Snow is in the forecast for Thursday night/Friday morning. 

So I am thinking about Chili.  And about cornbread.  LOL

Do you put beans in your Chili?  We did in Ohio.  In Cinnci, they pour Chili over spagetti and put onions and cheese on it.  Never did that.  Sounds yucky.  I like the Chili here with no beans.  It can be very spicey.  Love it with corn chips too.

Have a wonderful day.  Please stay safe.  If you are going out into the storm, please have your storm kit with you.  If you are home, watch heaters and such if the power goes out. 

God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Amy,

    We rarely eat chili here, but when I do make it, I like to use beans, and of course, I make corn bread to go with it. This is such a good combination. However, chili over spagetti does sound kind of gross, ewwww! :(

    I'm sorry to hear that you are having ugly weather in your part of the world. I hope that you and your family stay safe and warm.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    I saw you became a follower of my blog and I wanted to stop in to say hello and follow you back! Looking forward to getting to know you better. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I love the "Hen's Cackling" for your comments. So adorable. Thanks for following my blog. I'm looking forward to being a daily visitor on yours as well. I'm originally from Barboursville/Huntington area in WV and yes, we put beans in our chili as well. However, we made it without beans to put on hot dogs and called it hot dog sauce. I have friends from Cincinnati who have to go back several times a years to get their Skyline Chili fix - 5 WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes had chili last night and we put beans in it. We are from OH too. But now in TN. I gotta have beans in it and really I could forgo the meat if my family would let me. Chili is great for cold times!

    ReplyDelete