Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday

It is 32 degrees here.  The fun will be coming soon.  We expect sleet, freezing rain, and snow tonight.  They tell us that there could be three inches of snow on the ground by tomorrow.  Houston is a ghost town.  You see, they own no plows.  Three inches will cripple the city.  All they have here is a chemical that they spray and a sandy/rocky mix that they put on the roads.

Being from Ohio, I don't think 3 inches is a winter storm.  But I don't want to be on the untreated roads or with drivers that are scary when it is dry.  LOL

So I spent my day doing homeschool work, crochet, and drinking tons of tea.  My house smells good.  There is stew in the crockpot.  Something about cold and snow that makes me hungry for stew or chili.  And biscuits.

I hope to have pictures of the afghan I am making for my sister tomorrow.  I want to have it done so I can send it out.  Not that any planes are leaving with mail.  I think both airports are closed.  I plan to start one for my friend and then one for my Mom for her birthday in April.  Her and Dad's anniversary is in April also.  I told her that I would give them their gifts when I saw them in May when we go to Ohio for a week.

I am glad to be going visiting Ohio in May.  I haven't seen my parents or my sisters in almost two years.  Not that we were really close.  But my parents are nearly 80 years old and I know that my time to visit isn't too long.  But that it is in God's hands.

Have a wonderful evening.  Stay warm and dry.  God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. We have plenty of snow, should you want more, I'd be happy to send some your way!! We have around 17 I think. My parents who are southwest of us 2 hours have 21 inches. More is coming Sunday and Wed...
    I'm thinking chili in the slow cooker for tonights supper. Actually, once it is done, we will start eating on it until its gone, so it will cover more than one meal.
    http://countrysidechristianacademy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! This is only my second winter in Houston too - thought I left the winter stuff in north east Texas! (not that we had a lot there but we could usually count on one good ice storm a year) Would have been nice to see some snow - since we had the ice anyway, at least it would have looked pretty!
    Enjoy the sun today - it sounds like it is not going to stick around long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Everywhere seems to be getting some snow! Our heavy snowfall here about a couple of months ago caused havoc!
    Hope you have a wonderful time in May visiting family. These times are always so precious.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete