Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring Cleaning is on my mind.

Are you ready to Spring clean?  Do you Spring Clean?

I want to get everything cleaned up and organized so I can start thinking about my container garden. 

Please visit my friend Sylvia's blog for great homemade cleaner ideas.  http://christianhomekeeper.org/blog/homemade-natural-cleaners/  She has a wonderful blog and runs the CHK forum and site.  Both links are on my sidebar.

I am planning on a very small garden this year after last years failure.  I need to learn more about this climate and zone.  It can be extremely hot and extremely wet.  Plus I haven't seen too many bees.

I got my math curriculum.  I purchased Horizons Grade one.  I really like it.  I got the teacher's edition and book one and two.  If you are looking for a reasonably priced math curriculum that has nice workpages, this one may be for you.  I got it at http://www.christianbook.com/  It was about 65.00.  That is for the whole year. 

I am going to leave you with a recipe:

Easy slaw

1/2 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
1 Tbsp celery seed
1 bag packaged coleslaw
1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onions
1/2 cup chopped green peppers (I also like orange or red too)

In a skillet, blend vinegar, flour, sugar, mustard, and celery seed over medium heat.

Stir until mixture is thickened and add vegetables.

Remove from the heat.

Serve warm or cold.

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks yummy! I love slaw in the summer. Yep...I'm thinking about what I want in my little garden this year. I have to figure out a way to keep those darned chipmonks out of it...so weird that I had a great little garden to 2 yrs w/no problems & then...all of a sudden...they found it last year! Crazy. We'll have to invest in some chicken wire, I guess. lol

    Thanks for visiting the Pantry...let a comment on your comments.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to spring clean, but I seem to make a bigger mess when I spring clean! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to get moments of insanity where I clean but it's not necessarily at spring. Whew...makes me tired just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,

    I'm not much of a spring cleaner, since I try to keep my house tidy on a regular basis. I do have a cleaning project to do that I keep putting off. I desperately need to clean the master bedroom closet. It's looking more like a place to store junk than a closet. It won't be a "fun" job, but procrastinating won't make the closet less junky, now will it? :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy! Got a box in the mail! Thank you soo very much!!! I have to say... I wasn't sure about Strawberry creme Peeps (I love plain ol'peeps) but they are quite tasty!!! lol
    Happiest Valentine to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I am ready to start spring cleaning as well!!!! Your slaw recipe sounds yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete