Wednesday, February 23, 2011

HomeKeeping Journal

This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about homemaking, of course and…… Being Gentle.



“Behold your King is coming to you, gentle, and mounted on a donkey” (Matt. 21:5; cf. Zech. 9:9)


Gentleness is one of the Fruit of the Spirit. We’re commanded to be gentle with others. In the Bible the word Meekness means Gentleness. Most women don’t have too hard a time being gentle or meek. The problem women sometimes have with gentleness is in thinking that gentleness equals weakness.


In my kitchen this week ….. steak, baked sweet potatoes, meatloaf, and brownies.

On my mind this week … Being grateful and remembering all my blessings.

Gentleness is one of the Fruit of the Spirit so as a Christian ….. I want to show more gentleness.  It is one of the fruits that I need to work on.

When the Bible says that Moses was the meekest of all men (Numbers 12:3), it reminds me that …. I need to listen more and speak less.



The gentle person has died to self, so when I am gentle in situations that cause others to be angry and violent (Proverbs 16:32; 25:28) …..I see God working in my life.



Knowing that gentleness is not cowardice or lack of conviction (1 Peter 22-23), I am encouraged to ….have more of it in my life.

Please visit http://christianhomekeeper.org/blog/that-elusive-gentle-spirit/

 








No comments:

Post a Comment