Wednesday, February 2, 2011

HomeKeeping Journal

This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is all about crafting and creating ……….




In My Kitchen this week ……

I haven't been baking much this week.  I can't today because we are having rolling blackouts and I never know when I am going to lose power.


When I think about Crafting/Sewing/Making Things, I want to …

Hurry upstair and grab the lastest project that I am working on.  Right now, I am finishing a throw afghan for my sister.  I am going to make one for my friend and for my Mom next.


My favorite creative outlet it ……..

Needlework or crochet.  I love samplers. 


A Craft that I’d like to learn is ….

Knitting.  I haven't learned yet.  I am wanting to make socks.  There are so many great sock yarn colors and combos.


One Craft that I can do but don’t do much is ….

Quilting.  I just don't have the room for all the stuff.


An unusual Craft that I can do or would like to do is ….

I do quilling.  I haven't done it in a long time.


Another Craft that I secretly long to do but don’t right now is ….

Make jewlery.  I am not a big jewlery fan.  But I like shawl pins and the like.


The Craft/Creative Work that I have no desire whatsoever to do ……

Paint.  I am not that creative.  LOL

5 comments:

  1. I love knitting. I wish I could do more quilting, myself. There are so many fun crafts out there. it's a good thing, there's something for everyone ;) :) Maybe you could post some pics of your projects once they 're finished. I'd love to see what you've been making :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand well about not being creative. I enjoyed reading your blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog, and your sweet comments. It's nice to meet you! I don't do many crafts myself because I've never been very good at them. :) I do know how to crochet a little though. I learned how to knit years ago, but haven't done it for a long time. I enjoyed reading your post. Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rolling black outs! Yikes! I've never experienced one of those. Hope you get regular power soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, we enjoy many of the same crafts. Crocheting is a fun one...but I don't knit either. I do like to paint though, just don't seem to have time for it. I am sure your afghan for your sister will be beautiful. Post pics of it when you are done so we can all see!

    ReplyDelete