Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday Tales

Yes, I am back and refreshed.  The retreat was really good.  The weather was nice.  Cool and sunny on Saturday, but cloudy on Sunday.  But we had several solitude times.  I really enjoyed that.  I rarely get solitude with all that goes on in my house.

I got out and walked a mile this morning.  Not quite as peaceful, but being alone just the same. 

I am thinking about what my personal mission is going to be.  I think it will be something with prayers shawls.  I would like to get a group together that does shawls, baby blankets, preemie hats, afghans, etc.  Plus I want to get some group together that will go into action if there is a fire, hurricane, etc.  We can get meals together, get clothes to people, or open our homes to people who need it.

What is your personal mission?  Have you ever thought about it?  You can do something in the places that you live, work, and play.  At home, my homeschooling is my mission.  Is that enough?  What about the people around me?  What would you do?

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a refreshing retreat! Your ideas sound very noble, love the prayer shawl idea. My mission is to get thru 8 hours of not choking the hell out of someone at work, don't think that is noble. I'm off for the next 3 days once I get done with today. Don't want to go girlfriend! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mission is to share God's truths with today's generation. Some days I do that through blogging/writing. Other days it through visiting the elderly, or calling to encourage a friend. Still other times it's serving my family.

    I'm currently reading a book that you might enjoy, it's called Living a Purpose-Full Life, by Jan Johnson. Some great insights! Have a great week & God bless your mission!

    ReplyDelete