Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Tales


Bri working on assignments.

I am thinking about some of the things that we talked about at my Faithwalking program.  Integrity.  What does that mean?  To me it means do what you say and say what you mean.  As a Mom it is easy to promise things or take away privileges, then do or not do because of convenience or just so "you don't have to deal with it".  Are you easy to say you aren't going to such and such then go just so you don't look bad or don't want your child left out.  Or sure, we'll make cookies on Wed and don't give it another thought.  Everyone does it.  I think that I have to be more strict with myself about doing what I say and saying what I mean in order to teach my daughter about keeping her word and doing what she says that she is going to do.

Even when you aren't do lessons and assignments, you are teaching your child.  Are you doing everything you can to make sure they are learning good things?

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Living our lives as Godly examples to our children and grandchildren is probably the greatest legacy we can leave them :-)

    Have a Nice Day :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I dont' have kids yet...but you are so right, that's important we be models for our kids..or in my case, any young people I know and met at church, for example :) :) You're a wise momma to be thin king about those things!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honesty, walking the walk and talking the talk even when no one is watching because God is always watching. How can you preach or teach when you don't follow thru for yourself. It is tough to have integrity, you have to 'fess up even when it's hard. Children watch their parents carefully and they do what they see you doing. Life lessons are more than school assignments, they are God assignments. No one can be harder on me than me, I hold myself to God's standard, not man's standards and still I struggle from time to time. You're asking tough things of yourself kiddo but it is worth the work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children learn more from what they SEE in us rather than from what they HEAR from us. I love this reminder. Thanks, Ms. Amy! Be blessed always!

    ReplyDelete