Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Tales

I joined a group on Ravelry called Blizzard.  It is a CAL/KAL of snowflakes.  You make as many snowflakes as you can in the year and then attach them.  You can make a shawl, tablerunner, tablecloth, etc.  I got a nice 100% cotton yarn at Hobby Lobby.  It is white with a metallic thread thru it. 

Some one in the group said that she was going to put hers together and make a tree skirt.  She would lay the crochet snowflakes over a piece of velvet.  That sounded gorgeous to me. 

Started back to homeschool yesterday.  Bri was not really that interested.  We got some stuff done.  I got started late.  So I will have to get back to a scheduled time.

Here is another recipe:

Easy Cheesy Biscuits

2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk  (you can use buttermilk)


Three bean baked beans

1 16oz package of ground pork sausage (Browned and drained)
1 15oz can Lima beans
1 15 oz can kidney beans
1 28 oz can baked beans
1 5oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
Put all greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 for one hour.

Serves 8-10

In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients. 
Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or two knives until it looks like cornmeal.
Stir in the cheese
Add milk to mixture, just enough to hold the dough together
Roll the dough 1/2 inch thick
Cut and bake on a ungreased cookie sheet at 425 for 12 to 15 minutes.

Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like snowflake fun and I love the metallic yarn giving them BLING! What a great idea. Hey the biscuit recipe sounds like the ones they have at Red Lobster. The 3 baked beans recipes sounds good, I might have to try it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun! The biscuits sound wonderful, I soon as I go off my vegan fast I am definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see your piece when all the snowflakes comes together...BUT....wouldn't that make a snowman? hahaha I know it will be beautiful. Thanks for your visit with me today...HOPE is a good word!! Please stop by again real soon!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE "Ravelry"...I haven't been on the site much...but I've got more time now that the Christmas season at work is overwith :) :) I didn't realize there were groups within the site. That's neat...and I like the idea of making a bunch of sn owflakes..Thanks for the recipes, too!!! I'll be praying that things go smoothly with homeschooling!!! Happy New Year to you and your family. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflakes sound like fun! Your recipes sound amazin' girl!

    Before I retired I remember how hard it was to get the kids goin' after Christmas break.

    God bless ya and have a most marvelous New Year!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete