Monday, January 3, 2011

Today’s Journal is all about Winter and what you do to make your home warm, inviting, comfortable and the things you struggle with in the Winter.




In my Winter Kitchen…

I love to have tea brewing and something with cinnimon in the oven.


The hardest part about Winter for my household is ….

It is such a change from Ohio.  We do lots of things outside in the winter since it fairly nice.


My favorite Winter time meal is….

Soup and homemade bread


I Do/Do Not (choose one) tend to be depressed in the Winter…..

I use to get kind of depressed in the Winter in Ohio.  But not here, I actually like fall and winter here in Texas.


A favorite Winter time activity my family enjoys is ….

I love going to Galveston.  Not too crowded and not too hot!!


To help my home look and feel inviting in the Winter….

I put homemade items around and crocheted snowflakes.


How I dress to stay warm ……

Mostly sweaters here.  You have to carry a lighter shirt because the temps rise and fall so much here.


One really important health rule for the Winter time I’d like to share ….

Drink lots of water and wipe your doorknobs with Clorax to kill germs.

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas about keeping healthy. I would miss the cold and frosty weather too!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you crochet your own snowflakes Amy? Do they have glitters on them? They would be so pretty hanging from the ceiling sort of like a mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to get me some water and grab the wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your HKJ. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete