Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HomeKeeping Journal

This week’s Journal is about Understanding . . . .


God’s Word has a lot to say about Understanding. We’re called to be people of Understanding and we’re counseled that wisdom brings understanding, which in turn brings wisdom. Understanding is not easy to get. Usually, it comes when we are rebuked or disciplined. And only those who have understanding really receive the full benefit of being disciplined or rebuked.



In my Kitchen today ….. it is full of the wonderful smell of cinnimon rolls.


Proverbs 1:5 says: Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance – What this means for me is …..that I need to increase my learning of the word.  It also means that I need to turn to the Lord for guidance. 

Proverbs 17:10 tells me that “A rebuke goes deeper into a man of understanding than a hundred blows into a fool.” – So I know that …..correction by God or someone that I trust is good and that I will learn from it.

Proverbs 17:27 says that “Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.”. What this means for me as a woman of God is ……. think before you speak.  One who has a cool head in all things shows understanding.

Proverbs 13:15 talks about favor – “Good understanding gains favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard.” – I have seen this played out in my life in this way …..When I am understanding things seem to go better.  If I judge or rush into things, it doesn't usually come out ok.

And finally, Proverbs 20:5 tells me that “Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out” – This is important for me because …… maybe I can help others by being understanding and listening to them.

2 comments:

  1. Amy, This is awesome and I'm really encouraged by how you are really growing in your walk with God ;) :) That's so cool!!! You are an encouragement to me, that's for sure :) :) It's so vital to treasuer God's Word in our heart, too :) :) Anyways, I like the use of Scripture here too :) :) Have a great rest of the week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    As Christians, there are some many things that we need to learn and understand, and most of these things come straight from the word of God. We just need to take the time to learn them, with the help of the Lord.

    I liked this post. I need to write those scriptures down and read them again for myself.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete