Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011!

Can you believe that it is 2011!!! 

First I would ask for prayers for a lady at my church.  Her house caught fire on New Year's.  They think that it is from the fireworks that people had been lighting off all night.  Thank God she and her grandkids are ok.  Please pray for Pam.

I am planning on getting back to homeschooling today.  I am also looking at curriculum.  I am looking at math, spelling/grammer, and maybe some math manipulatives.  If you have any good/bad experiences with curriculum, please share.  What do you use?

Is your tree still up?  Mine is.  Didn't feel like messing with it over the weekend.

Here is a great fix the night before meal.

Easy chicken dish

2 cups uncooked elbow mac  (you can use fettuccine noodles)
4 cups cooked and diced chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 Tabs diced onion
1 Tab chopped green pepper (or red, orange, yellow)
8 oz shredded cheese of your choice   Reserve some for the top

Mix all ingredients
Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish
Cover and refrigerate over night
Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 30 minutes
At the last half hour, sprinkle with the reserved shredded cheese


Easy Peachy Pizza

1 pie crust
1 16 oz bag of frozen peaches, thawed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup flour
Another 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup pecans

Place pie crust on greased pizza pan
Cut up peaches and put on top of the crust
Mix together cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg and sprinkle on top
Mix together flour, sugar, butter, and pecans and put that on top
Bake 425 for 20 to 25 minutes.

Great with ice cream or whipped cream


Have a wonderful day!!

By the way,  I was awarded an award, but I have declined.  Please visit http://www.knittedthoughts.com/ to view.  I would prefer not to get awards.  But thanks for thinking of me!

3 comments:

  1. The chicken dish sounds great, great way to use up leftover turkey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOPE is a wonderful word :) .
    The peachy pizza sounds very tasty, I will try it soon!
    Blessings,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use Math-U-See for math. I really love the way he explains the concept of math and uses the manipulatives to help the child understand on their level. I switched to Teaching Textbooks with my oldest, but found I didn't like it as much as MUS...so we went back and I don't plan on switching again. I ended up putting up four trees...the two biggest are down...but I still haven't gotten the little ones down yet! I am quite behind on that one.
    Blessings,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete