Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ok, here it is!

Everyone is asking me what a carpet bag is and what it looks like.  So here it is:



The flowers and leaves are all embroidery.  I just love it.  I think that my SIL got it for me at Coldwater Creek.  I think also that they call it an overnight bag.

Have you taken down your decorations yet?  We do it on New Year's Day.

Here is a recipe to use up some of the leftover ham.


1 cup mayonnaise
2 10 oz packs of frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained.
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (or cheese of your choice)
3 cups cooked and diced ham
2 cups rotini, cooked and drained
3/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 cup croutons

Combine mayo, broccoli, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, ham, rotini, peppers, and milk.

Put mixture into greased 9x13 baking dish

Top with remaining cheese and croutons

Bake at 350 for  30 minutes.

Serves 12

I like to make a nice crusty loaf of bread to go with this and a salad.  Nice and easy.

11 comments:

  1. Your bag is lovely! Your SIL really is sweet Amy! Your recipe sounds lovely. Will save that one for my own ham if I ever make one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a real carpet bag. Yours is lovely. We take our tree down on Christmas day. I'm always happy to get my house back in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your carpet bag, very pretty. We take our tree down usually on New Years Day. Your recipe sounds yummy will have to try it soon, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you, it is what I was imagining! Awesome!!! I want one..LOLOLOL I am just like a kid :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The carpet bag is really lovely. Ever time I think of carpet bags...I think of Anne of Green Gables..and the carpet bag with the broken handle...waiting for the Cuthberts to come pick her up at the station :) :) NOw you have a carpet bag of your own...so beautiful..I especially love the roses. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ham recipe sounds yummy, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty carpet bag.

    I usually take everything down on the first. My mom will be here so she can help me. So thankful. Also, keep those prayers up. I appreciate them. I know that God is working in this very tough situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep the Christmas decor is down except for the lights on the front porch. Those will probably come down Friday while Kyle is home.
    Great sounding recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are still enjoying the Christmas tree colors - maybe take it down over the New Years weekend - if not the following week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bag is beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. We haven't taken our trees and decorations down yet either...probably will start this weekend. I really enjoy looking at all the pretty lights!
    God bless,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful carpet bag, very "Civil War". That recipe looks really yummy! Glad you guys had a good Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete