Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Tales


This is a picture out on our porch.  I love this odd pumpkin.

It is rainy here today.  But I can't say that it is cool because it is in the 70s.

We decided not to do school work today.  I have errands to run and I don't think I could keep Bri's attention.  LOL

Here is a new twist for mashed pototoes:

5 pounds potatoes
1/2 pound carrots
3 stalks of celery, chopped
4 onions, peeled and diced
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream

Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces.  Cover with water in a 5-quart pan.

Add carrots, celery, and onions.

Cook over medium heat until veggies are tender

Drain veggies and separate carrots

Mash carrots in a separate bowl

Mash all other veggies by hand

Add one stick of the butter and milk and beat with an electric mixer

Beat in sour cream and carrots

Put into a greased 9x13 baking dish

Top with 1/2 stick of butter and keep warm at 250 until butter melts

serves 8-10


Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. You'll find the best part about homeschooling is the flexibility! ;)

    Your flowers (mini roses?) in the vase on your table are lovely!

    Those mashed taters sound yummy. My hubby wouldn't eat them, but I would!

    Have a great day and thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything is working out better for both you and Bri doing Homeschooling. I love the flowers on your patio ..

    I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!!

    Hugs
    Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, the potato dish sounds divine! Thanks so much...I'll be servin' this on the Ponderosa soon and very soon!

    Ya'll have a blessed Thanksgiving with friends, family and pie baby...tons of pie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Aimee...oh, I just signed up for "Ravelry" a few days ago. There are so many beautiful patterns. It's unbelievable!!! So cool...OH, love this photo!!! Have a lovely, very Happy THanksgiving. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete