Monday, November 22, 2010

Swap reveal!!

I am sharing my swap today.  I joined a swap over at Seasons of my Mind.  I received a box of goodies from Julie over at A Journey Not A Race.  Thanks Julie, it really brightened the season for me!!

There are towels, cookie cutters, a great veggie peeler, place card holders, a photo calendar, a candle, Breast Cancer Awareness things, a cute picture in a frame.  If I missed something, I am sorry.  But it was a great box.  I was so pleased!!

Here also is a picture of my "yellow rose of Texas" my hubby got me when we moved here.

This was taken this morning.  It has been so warm here that it is blooming.

We took Bri to the Woodlands mall.  It is north of Houston.  We happened to get Santa with no line.  So here it is:

I just can't get over how big she is!!  She is so cute.  The Santa is a very nice looking Santa. 

Homeschooling is going very well.  It is amazing how much we really get done in a day.  We are going to do work today and tomorrow, but Wed we are going to be helping Daddy with dinner preparations.  I ordered a few books from Amazon.  Homeschooling for Dummies, Discover your Child's Learning Style, a book of ideas for homeschooling.  They were all used, so I got them at a good price.  This is the first time that I used Amazon.  I was really happy with it. 

Last but not least:

Here is a great way to use up mashed potatoes and ham.

8 cups mashed potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 cups diced cooked ham
3 cups of shredded Cheddar
1 cup whipping cream

In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and the garlic.
Put the mix in a greased 9x13 pan
Distribute the ham evenly over the top of the potatoes.
Combine the cheese and the whipping cream
Pour over the ham
Bake uncovered at 450 for 15-20 minutes or until golden.

Serves 12 to 15

Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Love it all !!! What a great box of goodies you received!

    Thanks for joining in Amy. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the turkey cookie cutters. I don't have those, but will have to be on the look out for them. The other gifts were fabulous too. This was such a fun swap!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you liked it all! That is a great Santa picture and I agree she is a just a doll! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had as much fun as I did with this swap. Your gifts are great. Cute pictures of your little one! Thanks also for the recipe, I have already jotted it down so I can give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovew the box of goodies! Yeah for the homeschooling going well! Beautiful baby girl and roses! Thank you for the recipe I will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled that the homeschooling is going so well for you. It is amazing how quickly you can get done when it is one on one. Great job, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great box of goodies!!

    I love everything you sent me!! I use the coaster all the time!! I was so excited when I saw it .. that might sound goofy, but I'm goofy :) I'm waiting till Christmas to use the potpourri and the candle!!

    Thank you so very much!!

    ReplyDelete