Friday, November 26, 2010

The day after

Can you believe Thanksgiving is here and gone?  We had a wonderful meal.  My hubby did a fantastic job.  The bird was perfect.

The carcass is on the stove simmering to make soup for dinner.  I love soup when it is chilly.  It was 80 degrees yesterday, and it is 38 here today.  So it will hit the spot.

Do you do Black Friday?  I won't go anywhere all weekend.  I don't like rude people or large crowds.

We went to Walgreens yesterday.  They had a nice sale on toys.  Most of their 9.99 toys were on sale for 4.99.  We also went to Big Lots.  So Bri is now done.  She and SIL were home watching the parades.  So George and I had our first break since we pulled Bri from school. 

I watched "Sarah, plain and tall" yesterday.  I really like that movie.  The three in the series were on.  I think that it was the Hallmark Channel.  Do you think you would have gone and been a mail order bride?  I often wonder if I would have done that back then.  I guess it would be a way to get out of where you lived and into something new.  I am sure that it didn't always work out. 

Have a wonderful afternoon.  God Bless!

7 comments:

  1. We had a lovely day as well. Glad yours was a good one. I also don't like lots of folks and rudeness. I pretty much do all my Christmas shopping online now. I'm all about Amazon!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your Thanksgiving was good. And congrats on getting Bri's Christmas shopping done. Good find on the toys. Wish I would of know them movies were on. I use to love it as a kid. I haven't seen it in a long time either. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to have some time together. I've got the kid's Christmas shopping done and it feels great. Now on to Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving and glad it was a good one. Ours was dandy, now we're pushing forward.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Thanksgiving was full. The whole clan piled in here at the Ponderosa where I'd cooked a thirty pound turkey and we had all the trimmins.

    I hope you and yours had a grand Thanksgiving filled with love, laughter and pie baby...heaps of pie!!! :o)

    Black Friday I do right here at the computer. I get even better buys than goin' flashlight shoppin' in the middle of the night.

    God bless ya and have a most splendid weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...the temps really changed for you! I love Turkey soup after Thanksgiving! I've still got to get mine on the stove.

    We did Black Friday once...once was enough for me! :)

    Glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the Black Friday thing once and will NEVER do it again.. Its ridiculous! No Thing is worth it.
    We like the Sarah plain and tall movies.. I dont know if I would have had the nerve to be a mail order bride!lol

    ReplyDelete