Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Tales





The top picture is of Bri when they were singing Happy Birthday.  They gave her "wings" to flap during the song.  It was really funny.

We moved Bri back into Kindergarden.  She was having trouble with taking tests and math with no pictures.  I don't think she is emotionally ready for that jump.  So we just put her back.  She is just six.  She can do fractions and money problems and the like.  But I think it is too much for her right now.  She is a fantastic reader, but can't understand the phonics stuff.  So I felt that it would be better to let her finish Kindergarden.  I am in no rush.  I don't believe in pushing too much anyway.

Still working on prayer shawls and scrap afghans.  I am using scrap Red Heart yarn to make a afghan for our bed and one for Bri.  I think I am going to make one for my parents next.  I am using a simple shell pattern.  Very easy and goes pretty fast.  Some people have offered their stash of Red Heart yarn.  So I should have lots to work with.

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

  1. It's okay to let her take her time. Eagles Wings Phonics really helped my girl. Maybe you can find it cheaply in used condition to help her at home to prepare for the next grade.

    Don't fret over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a sight reader. Phonics just don't make sense to her. She is reading at almost a 3rd grade level. So I don't see what the big deal is. But I am not pushing her. She'll have plenty of serious work later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in school...in fourth grade, they had me doing third grade math. I had problems with the word problems in math...so the teacher never made me do those. He had me use a computer program to play games...but I didn't know that I was actually learning stuff :) :) :) Math has always been difficult for me in school...although I can balance a checkbook etc :) :) :) I"m more into languages myself!!!

    Oh, definitely you must post pics of all your needlework projects...either in progress or finished :) :) :) I can't wait to see how they turn out!!! Have a lovely Tuesday, Amy!!! Oh, I'm now officially a member of the Mary Jane Farmgirl Sisterhood...#2176 :) :) :) I'm waiting for my patch to come in the mail!!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated happy birthday to your girl!
    Looks like you had a great time in Kemah. I want to go back soon - it was so blasted hot when we went in August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with you about not pushing her. My oldest daughter did not start really reading until she was about 7 and a half. I just kept working with her and reading to her constantly and now at 14 she devours books and tests much higher than her grade level. Some children are just late bloomers. But, that is what makes us so unique. God gifts us differently and makes our personalities and propensities different. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Happy late Birthday to the special one!!!

    ReplyDelete