Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Afternoon


I love October.  I always have.  It isn't quite the same here in Texas as it was in Ohio. 

Bri's birthday is next week.  She'll be six.  I can't believe it.

I was at the doctor's office today for a check up.  My blood pressure was a little high.  Never had that before.  So now I have to keep an eye on it for a few weeks.

But it has been a bit stressful for me lately.  They moved Bri out of Kindergarden and into first grade.  I worried for her.  She is fine.  She is doing really well and tells me that she likes school even more now.

It hasn't been an easy year since moving here.  Lots of change and stress.  But now I have found a nice church to go to and beginning to find friends and interests.

Please pray for me that I can take control of this.  I need to seriously lose some weight and take care of myself better.  My sister had a massive heart attack at 52.  She is doing ok. 

I plan to be around to hold Bri's babies.  I am, after all, only 40.

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

  1. I can imagine it is hard moving to a new state away from family and friends. Just take care of yourself and your health and everything else will fall into place. When you get stressed, you can always blog. It's very therapeutic! :) Enjoy your weekend and I hope you have temperatures like ours in Georgia - 77 degrees today! Maybe you can get outside and take a long walk. That always makes me feel better. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for your adjustments, and for Bri being in 1st grade. I think as parents we have to get use to their growth and changes. It is just as hard on the parent as the child. Glad she is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for you as I pray for my own husband. Losing weight is very difficult. It is breaking YEARS of bad habits.

    I'm glad Bri is doing good in first grade.

    Thank you for your prayers for me. I appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful that Brie has been moved to her level. Sounds like it was just what she needed.

    I'm just so happy for you that you found a good church and you are making friends. Friends make all the difference! How wonderful for you.

    Sounds like you know what you need to do to take better care of yourself. I pray God will give you the strength and power in His Spirit to make wise choices regarding food and exercise. I see my BIL struggling with this same issue and it isn't easy. I'll pray for you when I pray for him.

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for you! Go check out www.bendoeslife.com. He is a huge inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing weight can be difficult. I know that myself. I have found that just losing 10 to 15 pounds for me at times has been excruciating! I too have had some real health issues and have had to change so much of my diet to help out. My blood pressure and cholesterol were high and now they are back in the normal range. It was not easy to make the adjustments, but well worth it. So, keep pressing on and you will see improvement! May the Lord bless you as you seek Him!

    Blessings,
    jackie

    ReplyDelete