Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Tales




What a beautiful morning.  It got down to 57 last night.  That may not sound very cool to you, but it really is to us.  We stayed in the low 80's yesterday.  I think fall is here.

I found a great recipe to use fresh corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes.

Sopa de Elote (Corn Soup)

6 ears of fresh corn
3 med tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut up
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 T butter
4 cups beef broth
1/2 cup whipping cream

Cut corn off the cob and scrap the cobs. ( about 4 cups of fresh corn)  In blender, combine half the corn and half the tomatoes.  Cover and blend until smooth, scraping the sides often.  Repeat with remaining corn and tomatoes.

In a large saucepan, cook the onion in the butter until tender; add corn mixture and broth.  Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.  Gradually add the cream.  Heat through but do not boil.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Add hot sauce if desired.

Makes 8 servings.


You can also top with:

Guacamole
2 medium avocadoes, peeled, seeded, and cut up
1/2 small onion, cut up
2 T lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Run all ingredients in a blender until well combined.

Have a wonderful afternoon!



Sorry, this is for all who are looking for the bread pudding recipe.  I got it at Allrecipes.com

10 slices of bread, cut into cubes  (use stale bread)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
6 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup white sugar
2 t vanilla extract
2 t salt
3 cups hot milk
1 pinch nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375.  Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
Combine bread cubes, butter, cinnimon, and raisins.  Mix well and place in the baking dish.
Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Add milk, mix well and pour over the bread mix.
Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 25 minutes.  (I needed 10 more minutes because my bread wasn't very stale)

8 comments:

  1. Love your background, Amy!! Definitely reminds me of fall! Temps here in GA are getting more like fall, too! My favorite time of year! Soon the leaves will begin to change color...can't wait! Thanks for the delicious looking recipes! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you blog Amy. Have looked it over. Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cheer for your blog, your banner photo is just perfect for fall, inspiring! Excuse me, I need to go dig up some pumpkin spice candles. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopped by...or hopped by...saw your bread pudding...looks yummy! My hubby makes bread pudding!!! Hope you'll stop by my blog. I host a Mustard Seed link on Wednesdays...encouraging Moms and others to memorize scripture!

    Blessings from your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing. Also love that Fall wreath.. and your pretty header! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipes! I've never had bread pudding but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the bread pudding recipe! :) I just had to tell you that I LOVE the banner picture. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! These look like some good recipes.

    Thanks so much for your prayers! I am very grateful and need everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete