Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trying something new

Nest - a snug retreat or refuge; resting place; home.



Nesting - to build or have a nest



My kitchen would be more inviting if …………. It was in my own home.  We are living with family and it isn't my kitchen.
My best tip for making a home seem more welcoming ….. Picked up and clean looking.  A nice candle burning with a seasonal scent.  Some decorations for the season.
To give the feeling of warmth in my home I often ….. Have candles lit and a warm afghan on the couch ready to be snuggled under.  (Though it is still very hot this time of year in Texas  LOL)
In the cooler months, it is essential for me to ….. Put seasonal colors in the house.  Since we hardly get snow, I like to put crochet snowflakes around for dollies and coasters.

Some favorite Autumn/Winter recipes are ….. Anything apple, pumkin, or spiced smelling.  I love soups and casseroles.
A Quick Tip for making your house more inviting …… Put spices on the stove to boil.  It fills the house with the smell.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I definitely want a candle to add "sweetness" to my home...and I like the idea of boiling spices. I should look for a mini potpourri crockpot thingy at a yard sale!!! Have a good weekend, Amy. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete