Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday part two

What is your favorite movie?   (you can put two or three)
Why?



My first favorite movie is Last of the Mohicains. (sorry about the spelling)
My second favorite movie is The Village.

I have a love for "pioneer spirit".  Cora is far from home in a wild land.  She is strong thru the loss of her father and the loss of her way of life.  Then the loss of her sister.  This has to be one of the most beautiful movies too.

When Lucius runs in and grabs Ivy's hand and they run to the safety of the cellar and sit quietly holding hands, the love is so unspoken.  Sometimes I feel like I would like to live like that.  But the evil comes even in this "perfect" place. 

I do have to admit, the first time that I saw the Village, I was so darn mad.  I won't ruin it if you haven't seen it. 

Please leave me a comment and share your story.

PS  Some of the music on my blog is from the Village.  It is done by James Newton Howard.  It is gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't begin to pick a favorite movie. I love the Lord of the Rings series, The Larkrise to Candleford series, Glory, etc. So hard to choose! I love any movie that has a positive, moral point and is well filmed.

    So happy to hear that you've found a good church, joined a ladies group and that Bri is in AWANAS now! My kids start AWANAS next week. Hailey is so excited to be a Cubby this year. Me, I get two hours once a week to go shopping by myself. I can handle that!

    Blessings,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete