Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Tales

Good muggy hot Tuesday morning.  We just got back from taking the male puppy to the vet.  He is going to be fixed.  SIL's boss takes care of all the dogs that they find.  He has a heart of gold.  Hopefully, it will speed up finding a home for him.  He is a cute little bug.

Today I am thinking about looks.  Not really vain.  I am letting my hair go gray.  I am not wasting the time and money trying to color.  I am not really a big makeup person.  I like some cream eyeshadow, mascara, liner, blush, mineral veil, and lip stick if I am going out.  But most days I just use moisterizer.  With the humdity and heat of Texas, you should just forget about anything else.  I use just regular Olay.  I use an eyecream that I got as a freebie when I bought something at the Clinque counter.  I like their cream eyeshadow.  Plus the lipstick was in a pink case and money went to Breast Cancer.  I prefer wash and wear hair.  I don't fuss with curling irons.  I do like to use a dryer with a brush here and there.  I like comfortable clothes.  I shop alot at Avenue.  I am plus sized and they have good deals.  I actually bought a dress for 15.00.  I usually wear long skirts to church.  If I had the money, I love Eddy Baur.  If you don't know what that is, it is alot like LLBean.

Well, I have gone on long enough.  I am getting together my Christmas list.  I am starting to make gifts.  I have two afghans on the list.  Plus scarves and orniments.  Wish me luck!!


This is Christmas 2009

5 comments:

  1. Christmas in August! What a great idea. Staying on top of the Christams rush! I think I'll start one too.
    Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am busy with Christmas and I think it is never too early. It also cheers me in the summer which is my least favorite season. Have fun making your lists and gifts!!!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy...I hear you on all of that :) :) :) I let my hair air dry, because it's actually better for the hair..and keeps it healthier longer...I'll only blowdry it if I'm going out to church or s special event. Make-up...same thing..only for church or special event...Otherwise I keep it simple with a moisturizer, maybe...and some of that Bare Minerals foundation :) :)

    Most important is to take care of your beautiful soul :) :)...I loved your post today...I love them all the time!!! Christmas list...that's a good idea!!! Have a great week, Amy. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    Lovely post and pretty photo of your daughter.
    What a great idea!! Sure beats the rush later.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy, First time visit to your blog and I enjoyed the time spent. I too am letting my hair go 'el naturale. It's driving my daughters crazy because they think I should dye it; but I figured if it was time for me to start turning gray... well then it's time. I should take your lead and get started too on my Christmas list. It's always such a rush when you put it off ... like I usually do.

    ReplyDelete