Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Meanderings

It has been banging and booming here today.  Lots of thunder and lighting and heavy rain.  The rain has been coming down in sheets.  We needed the rain, but not all at once.

I am vegging out today.  I opened a jar of SilverStar Texas Salsa.  It is Cilantro'nLime.  MMMmmm.  A bit nippy.   http://www.silverstarsalsa.com/
It was in a Christmas gift basket.  Bought the nice extra thin chips at the store the other day. 

I have a loaf of country white bread in the machine.  We are using alot of bread now that Bri is back to school. 

My bedroom is nearly cleaned, cleared, and put away.  I have one more pile to go thru.  It is great not to have to step around and over stuff.  I hope to get Bri's room done this week. 

Here is a salad dressing recipe passed to me.  It sounds strange, but is very good.

1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 cups olive oil (or the like)
1/2 cup vinegar (white, red, or cider)
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon garlic

Mix sugar, paprika, ketchup, salt, and onion powder.
Add oil and vinegar alternatively
Add celery seed and garlic
Keep refrigerated

Makes 1 quart



What is your favorite dressing?  Mine is Balsamic Vinegrette.

Please share your favorite dressing recipes.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any recipes but RANCH is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new fav is the blue cheese & ranch made by marzetti's ... but I'm going to give yours a try.

    ReplyDelete