Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Good Morning!  I am doing better this morning.  Took a sinus pill and have got the drainage to stop. 

I am up to my eyeballs in laundry.  Between Bri being sick and me being sick, laundry got backlogged. 

My thought this morning is letting advise, comments, or just chatter of people who are working against you roll off.  It is very hard to hear what God is telling you if you are listening to the negatitive things going on around you.  I am working on not getting drawn into the fray.  Some people have nothing better than to complain and crab.  They aren't happy unless they are doing this.  They aren't happy unless they are cutting down someone.  This is so toxic.  You know people like this.  I wish I could say that I didn't care what they said.  I get my feelings hurt very easily.  That is one thing that I would like to change.  There is only One that I really need to please. 

Here is a picture of the new door that leads to our patio.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better. Your door is BEAUTIFUL! You are right to not listen to negative comments or attitudes. I heard a sermon one time by Donna Crouch of Hillsong Church in Australia and she said we let the "background noises" overcrowd the voice of God. That is so very true. When we're listening to THEM, we're not listening to HIM!!! The Bible says in Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Nowhere in that list does it say we should listen to people who have nothing better to do than tear us down. We are to be ENCOURAGERS, not discouragers! I say do your very BEST to avoid people like this. I know it can be hard. But I also don't think there is anything wrong with interrupting those negative people and saying "I'm trying to live my live by Philippians 4:8 and I refuse to listen to anything that isn't Godly" and change the subject! You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty door! I'm glad you are feeling better. My brand new (two week old) front loader quit working on Friday and they can't get anyone to even look at it till Tuesday! You want to talk about a mountian of laundry. I am praying they can just fix it and I don't have to wait another week for a part or something. This is VERY inconvienent. But truly is not life or death. I need to count my blessings, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Amy,

    I'm glad you're feeling better. I've had people like that at my old job and even at church. When it wouldn't stop I finally just had to seperate myself from them, because I didn't want to be like that. I want to be like Christ...and treat people with kindness and as much as possible always have a kind, encouraging word to say!!!

    Oh,I love that door!!! Is it vintage? It looks vintage, anyway. I love the detail a lot!!! Have a great week, Amy. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete