Monday, August 23, 2010

The first day of school.



Bri is off to school this morning.  She was so excited.  There is ten in her class.  Only three boys.  She loves her teacher already.

We had a wonderful trip to Galveston.  You all are going to kill me because I only took one picture.  I forgot to take my camera on the dolphin tour boat ride.  But we saw lots of them.  Some were gray and some were black.  Bri got a really big kick out of it.  It was really hot and humid.  We let Bri swim in the hotel pool for awhile.  Then George bought her an hour of video game time in the hotel room.  Easily got her to come in out of the pool.  We ate out at nice places.  Went to the "Strand".  It is the historical district of Galveston.  Very nice. 

Found a beautiful store that sells bath items, jewlery, and candles.  Anne Smith, the owner was a very lovely women.  If you are looking for a nice gift or ever in Galveston, please look them up.  The name of her shop is  Scent Sations.  Or at GalvestonCandles.com   The link will be on my sidebar.  I got Rose scented linen spray.  You must treat yourself to linen spray.  It is a real treat.  Plus I got bath salts in Rose and a seashell soap for Bri.

Well, I am going to take advantage of a quiet house and get some cleaning done.  Take care and God Bless.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy...

    Yeah...Bri for starting Kindergarten...you go girl...I"m so happy you love your teacher!!!

    Amy...I've never been to Galveston, but that is one place I'd love to visit. There's a program on my local PBS station called "Moment of Luxury"...and I can't think of the host's last name...but he did an entire episode in Galveston and he talked about the "STrand"..and there was a woman who's house was being renovated..and she's Mexican American descent..and her family has been living in Galveston for five generations...and the house was just gorgeous..I love all the old homes and cottages!!!! I can see why people brave the weather. It's very beautiful there!!!

    Have a lovely week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Hey you have two blogs! I left a post on the other one. Glad Bri likes her teacher that makes school a great place to go.
    Nancy JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you had a good time! Bri looks like she's settled in well--hope she has a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete