Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yes, I am still around

Yes, I am still here.  I got sick last Saturday and was sick almost all week.  I had a temp of 103.  Guess who got strep throat?  Me.  So it has been a very bad week for me.  But, I am glad that I got the strep and Bri got the stomach virus.  I wouldn't have wanted her to be that sick.

George got really worried when I asked him if he had fed the rabbits and shut the barn up.  I haven't had rabbits in more than a year.  Seems that I was a bit goofy.  (ok, more goofy than usual)

I lost weight and look pretty yucky.  But I am getting back to the grind.

I am so grateful for my wonderful hubby.  He ended up taking care of Bri and I.  Then the doxie got bit or stung and had to go to the vet.  Words can't express my thanks to him.   I am so very blessed.

We will be married 13 years on Aug 4th.  We have had our ups and downs.  He is my best friend.

I am looking to turn 40 on Aug 7th.  It has had me thinking alot lately.  More on that thru the week.  I think that I will do another giveaway.  I will have to see.

On a different note, my niece's and my sister's lives are in shambles at this time.  I don't really want to get into it here.  It is a long and complex story.  Please pray for them and my niece's kids.  It isn't good.

I think that turning 40 is making me think about life.  What has passed, what is coming, and what I want to be different, the same, or don't know. 

So I guess I will leave a question:

At 40, is it easier to look back and look at bad experiences and look at them more clearly and see them as learning times and not as the "worst time of your life"?     When I was in my early 20's, I got into a relationship that was less than ideal.  I thought then that I had wasted the three years that I had dated this guy.  But looking at it now, I learned much.  Mostly about myself and how I wanted to be treated by people.  I think that everyone chooses poorly from time to time.  All I really lost was some time and some pain.  Emotionally and phyically.  But I am thinking now that it was just a tear in the quilt of my life and the sooner that I mended it, the stronger the quilt was. 

I am rambling a bit.  But I think that I am in the point of my life that I want to put some things to rest and pull closer the things that are important. 

I guess also that I am entering a new season of my life.  I hope the next 40 are as bright and interesting and full of love as the last 40.

God Bless.
This is the rabbit "horse" on the second level of the carousel at Kemah Boardwalk.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,
    I'm so glad you are feeling better. I was wondering about you and what you were up to..Wow, you were really sick!!! I'm glad you recovered okay..and so happy that Bri didn't get strep!!! Oh..and your hubby sounds like a dream...what a blessing to have such a wonderful hubby to take of you, your daughter, and your dog :) :) :) That's great..
    Oh..I consider you a "friend" now...so you can ramble all you want. I'll be praying for your nieces and sisters!!! Glad your up and about!!! Much love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon. I was worried you'd get sick. Mommas usually get too tired after taking care of their babies. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and the rest of the family! I shouldn't even be visiting your blog. I'm sure i'll come down with strep now! One year while I was a preschool teacher I had it 7 times in a span of a couple months. So really hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, so glad you and Bri are feeling better, your hubs is awesome, and hope the pup is doing better too. Hey just one of 'those' weeks girl.

    I am 57 so 40 is almost a distant memory. I do know that every experience we have, whether it bad or good, molds us and makes us who we are..without the bad things, we would not be exactly where we are today. Does that make sense?

    Thanks for stopping by..blessings for a healthy week!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    So sorry to hear you have been sick and hoping your are much better now! Strep throat is not pleasant!
    Praying for you all.
    Be blessed.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would have to say I totally agree with looking to your next 40 to be better than your first. I am turning 39 this year and I decided that there were some things I needed to change before my next 40 started, especially physically. I have been on a journey to "healthy" ever since. And so far, I'm loving it. Glad to hear you are putting some things to rest. It's hard on us and keeps us from moving forward in God when we hang on to the past.

    Sorry to hear of your sickness, but so glad to hear you are on the mend and your hubby was such a help! God bless those awesome hubbies!! :)
    Biz

    ReplyDelete