Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Morning


Can you believe that I have the place to myself???  I don't know what to do first.    LOL

It is going to be a scorcher today.  Heat index of 108 possible??  Yuck.  That means that I most likely won't be going anywhere.

I made scones last night.  I cheated big time and made some that I found in the refrig section at the grocery store.  They came in a tube like cinnamon rolls.  They are organic.  Orange and cranberry.  Mmmm good with butter followed up by a nice cup of British tea.

I actually though of joining Bri in the wading pool last night.  Ha Ha   But Katy beat me to it.  She doesn't look like a puppy anymore.  She is getting big.

Here are some views of the flowers.  It is amazing to me that they can stand the heat.  These get some shade.  But it is still really hot.

Well, I guess I should do something today.  Have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy the day to yourself, you deserve it. Your scones look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh loved the scones and tea..now I'm hungry and I have no scones..:( I think I'll bake something this week :) :)

    The photo with your daughter and the dog is precious. It looks like they're both having fun!!!

    The flowers around your place are really beautiful. What kind of flowers are those?
    Have a great weekend, Amy!!! Greetings from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me your email Amy, I gave mine in yesterday's comment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm the scones look scrumdiddlyumptious! I really hope you enjoy your day to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy..that little pool looks mighty fine to me..we used to have built in pool at one of our other homes and the dogs loved to cool off their feet..I think I might have hopped in dog or no dog, and they are both cute as a button!
    Love the flowers, we do have some flowering plants that do really well here in the desert. Of course I love hydrangeas and them, not so much..I think sometimes if you water and give them the right amount of sun and shade, about anything grows.
    Scones look delish I'll have one please! thanks for stopping by and visit anytime!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend and I used to sit in a chair with our feet in the pool while her son splashed away, it really cools you off. If you get too hot put a cold can of soda, or I suppose you could use a bottle, anyway hold it on each side of your neck for a minute or 2, it cools the blood and hence cools you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy!! I'm so glad you've got some time to yourself!!! I hope you've had a great day!!! Your flowers are beautiful .. I have a black thumb I can't grow anything LOL ... and your scones look yummy!!! I'd love to sit down and have one w/you and a nice cup of tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoyed the day to yourself! 108 degrees--yikes!! It's in the low 70s here and people are saying it's too hot. LOL Love the pic of Bri and Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael's brother and his family were up from Texas visiting. They said they lost their garden to the heat while they were gone (so says their neighbors who were watching the place). Our temps are finally warming up to 70s and 80s the last couple of days. Lots of thunderstorms though and rain.

    Enjoy your time by yourself :)

    ReplyDelete