Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Tales

George



I found my bread machine!!   It is a West Bend America's Best.  It didn't have a manual.  So I went looking on the web.  I found a great site called Hillbillyhousewife.  She has a post called What to do when your manual is missing.  It is great.  Great site for info and recipes.      http://hillbillyhousewife.com/

Putting laundry and other stuff away today.  Trying to get a handle on the boxes that are still unpacked.  SIL is not happy that the area behind the bar is full of boxes.  So I have to figure out something.  I think most of it is depression glass, Fiestaware, and kitchen items.  So we will have to pull all the boxes out, open them, then rewrap and put the stuff in plastic tubs and put them outside by the garage.  It has a overhang, so the stuff will be covered.  I don't know what else to do.  The closets and attic is completely full of SIL stuff.  So I have to do some planning to get stuff out of her way.  Though the bar is never used.  Grrrrr.  Living under someone else's roof.

Well, I need to get back to my chores.  Made my raspberry bars yesterday.  I added sliced peaches on top of the raspberry jam.  It was a big hit with my hubby.  I also added some berry granola to the top.  MMmmm   It smelled so good baking.

Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. Catching up on reading. Didn't know you were sharing a living space with others. That is really trying. Been there...done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are putting things outside, even under cover, in a plastic tub, add something to absorb moisture, like those silica packets or check the hardware store for something. Do not wrap your stuff in plastic as it will hold in moisture, use newspaper as it will help keep it from getting mildew smell. Trust me I learned the hard way. Is there no way you could rent a small storage space? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys really need your own space. Is there anyway you can move out into your own place? Don't know the situation, just asking. You can email me privately if you'd like.

    Great pic of you husband. He looks like a pirate! What happened to his eye?

    Hope things are going better for you. Praying!

    Please pray for my sis. She has to get her tooth pulled today. She is in a great deal of pain! Thanks,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch and I am praying for you.
    Have a nice day!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use my bread machine all the time. We don't buy bread at the store anymore. Too expensive!

    Hang in there.

    I agree hubby looks like a pirate!

    ReplyDelete