Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday Tales

Isn't it cool to have matching swim suit, bag, sunglasses, and flip flops??



I am learning to be careful what I wish for.   LOL  I wished for some rain.  It poured Friday night, Saturday morning, and Monday night.  Ok, that's enough.

I thought it was Bri's last week of school, but she has one more.  Thank God.  I have more things that I want to get out of the way.

We started a chore chart yesterday after she got home from school.  If I would have known what excitement this caused, I would have done it sooner.  She was running around looking for things to do for the magnet on the board.  It was really funny.  I went ahead and spent 10.00 on a pre-made one.  Plus it has a dry marker side on the back.  I didn't feel like messing around with it.  It is a magnet board with little magnets for the day, the chore, and the reward at the end of the week, etc. 

We have been getting grape tomatoes.  Bri loves them.  It is funny to be picking tomatoes in May.  I had to take off some of the Roma tomatoes.  They had blossom-end rot.  It can be very damp here and I am using containers.  I am learning. 

Well, I want to get my chores done.  Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

  1. If only we could all have a chore chart with prizes at the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your day is good. Enjoyed your post today!
    I think you might have gotten England's rain over there!!! We are basking in sunshine here at last!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids always enjoyed chore charts too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, swimsuit weather. We are still waiting for that way up here in Northern Maine, although it was 75 degrees today. Yeah!!! As for the garden. That hasn't even gone in yet. We need to wait at least another week for that. There's always a chance for one last frost before the first of June.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomatoes already, we have just planted our here in TN. Bri is so cute and yes one must have matching accessories.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Bri's enthusiasm for chores stays! That is wonderful. Chores are so important for kids. In fact, I decided to stop paying my son for his basic chores and only pay him for extra chores. I told him I never got paid for doing basic chores, it was part of serving the family He took it surprisingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter always enjoyed chore charts. As a matter of fact,she loves it when I leave her a list of things to do now (she's 18). I'm just getting some little green tomatoes now.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bri looks nice and cool in that suit! My kids always did well with having chores and set days for them... though I still have to tell them when to start!

    ReplyDelete