Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Over the hump day

My mermaid

Good Morning.


I went and got a haircut yesterday. I feel much better. It is easier to fix now. Plus it only cost me 20 bucks. I got the wonderful feeling of someone else washing my hair, a cut, and a blowdry with a brush. I was happy. I don't know what it is, but I enjoy getting my hair washed.


George told me I looked fantastic. So that made me feel good too. He isn't one to complain because I like to wear short hair. I prefer it chin lenth. I am a wash and wear gal.



My garden is coming along. I have green tomatoes on all my tomato plants. I pulled the cucumbers and planted summer squash instead. They are great chopped with onions, olive oil, salt, and pepper then put in a foil pack and tossed on the grill. I got a few more herbs. I had empty containers. So I just filled them up.



Back to our trip to Galveston. The 6th was George's birthday. So we ate at Saltgrass. It is a steak house chain. Their soups are really good. They have a loaded baked potato soup that is out of this world. I like the chicken enchilada too, but it is really spicy. They have great homemade beer bread. They have great cheesecake too, but we passed on that. George can't have bread and cake. And he didn't bring his insulin. So we walked along the beach instead. He only takes insulin when he needs it. Maybe once every couple of days. He controls it best with diet and exercise.


Well, here are a few more photos. Have a wonderful day and God bless!!!








Isn't this a riot!!


The Galvez.  Isn't it gorgeous??


5 comments:

  1. Yep, it's gorgeous! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the hair cut! I love getting mine done. I'm about due for one too. I'm usually a wash and wear gal too. But I have to have it long enough to put in a ponytail at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy number six to George! What a beautiful place to celebrate. This farm chick goes once a month for a trim and color but anyone with scissors around my head knows the cut has to pass the ponytail test.

    Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you got some pampering!! I got mine done yesterday and i just close my eyes!! Glad you had a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to have my hair washed too! And yes the Galvez is Gorgeous!!!!! Wish I was there now! :)

    ReplyDelete