Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Afternoon




Can you believe that it is the last week of school??  This year already has been flying.

Started my "green cleaning".  I used baking soda to scrub my bathroom sink and vanity.  I also used a half cup baking soda and a half cup vinegar down the drain.  That is the fastest the drain has ran since we moved here.  I plan on doing this every Monday.  I like that there is no residue left and no cloud of chemical smell.  The vinegar smell left fairly quickly.

I even put vinegar in with my towels that I washed today.  I am skipping the dryer sheet so that the towel will be more absorbent. 

I bought a reusable bag at each of the stores that I shopped at over the weekend.  I am trying to cut back on the tower of plastic bags that we have to corral.  I got a great one with a rooster on it.  It is nice because I can wipe it off with a towel and even wash it with a little soap if I have to.

George is teasing me that I am going green.  I am just trying to save a few dollars and have a less toxic home.  I am not becoming a tree hugger or a vegan.  Not that it is a bad thing, but it isn't for me.  I want Bri to have a healthier life.  I told him that I wasn't ready to chain myself to a tree yet.   LOL

I got a heck of a deal.  When I went to Krogers, the organic milk was on clearance.  Organic isn't very popular here.  So I got organic milk for 2.99 a gallon.  I was very happy.  It does taste so much better.  But I can't see 5.99 a gallon.  Bri likes the organic singles.  They are about a dollar a piece, so I do that. 

Well, I am planning on making raspberry bars this afternoon.  It is a boxed mix, but they are so good and easy.  I am looking for my bread machine.  I got it in Ohio right before we moved.  I have never used it, so I am wanting to try it.  I saw a mix for sourdough and that is George's favorite.  So I think I want to try it.  He loves potato bread too.  I will be a baking fool once I find it and figure out how to work it.

2 comments:

  1. I miss my bread maker! Mine was extremely easy to use. I made tons of loafs. Good luck finding yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! The less toxicity we are exposed to the better.

    ReplyDelete