Thursday, April 29, 2010

Windy Thursday

Good Morning.  It is a breezy morning here.  Wish I could hang out my laundry.  It would be perfect.  But I live in a HOA.  For those of you who don't know, they control what you can do in your own property.  I would never chose to live here.  We are staying with my sister in law, so I have little choice at this time. 

Bri and I are in a stand off.  I told her to pick up her room and she decided to argue with me and talk over me.  That is a down side to letting her go to school and pick up other kids bad behaviors.  So she is grounded from Tv, DVDs, 'tendo, and everything else until it is picked up.  She spent the afternoon and evening in her room last night.  I went in this morning and it was worse, so she will come home from school and go to her room again.  It is a pure power play.  It won't work.  She is also trying to get Daddy to tell her it is ok to watch a movie.  So she is trying him too.  It won't work.  We are standing together.  Oh the joys of a five year old.  Pray for me. 

It is very hard to be living under someone else's roof.  So I am struggling at this time and would be grateful for prayers from everyone.  I feel that I am in a losing battle.  Plus the strain is causing strife with my hubby.  We rarely argue.  But have been as of late.  Bri has been acting up.  So I am very stressed.  My family and friends are 1300 miles away.  I have a wonderful church, but have not been getting there due to other influences. 

I have to stop here as I am tearing up.  Have a wonderful day.


Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 onion, chopped
3 cans mild chili beans, undrained (or hot beans if to your taste)
1 can whole tomatoes, undrained
1 can corn, undrained
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix (or other desired brand)
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
chopped green onions
avocado

Brown the meat and onions in a large saucepan, drain

Add all remaining ingredients except cheese, sour cream, green onions, and avocado.  Stir well breaking up the tomatoes.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to med-low and simmer 10 minutes.  Stir occasionally.

Serve topped with sour cream, chopped green onions, avocado, and cheese if desired.

Moody Gardens in Galveston

5 comments:

  1. Just hang in there! You can make it through anything with God in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and I hope today gets better along with everything else.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going through a rough time too! We'll just have to hang tough together! Keep looking to God, he will guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there!! I know how hard it is to be away from your family. I'm thinking of you! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know your situation, but I am happy to have another 'Farm Girl' here in Texas :0) Glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete