Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Tales

Hello.  Been running around doing errands today.  I will be glad to have a day that I don't have errands!! 

I am still working on my Mermaid for my hubby and Bri's teacher's baby blanket.  I haven't been working much on it.  I got off my vitamins and I have been tired.  With my thyroid dysfunction, I have to be careful to take my pill at the same time every day and take my vitamins.   Or else I am just wiped out.

Garden is going well.  I have little tomatoes on the grape tomato plant.  Still having trouble with the cucumber.  I think that we have a chipmunk or something.  There are holes in the leaves and it isn't rot or anything.  Lettuce, spinach, and chard are a wash.  I don't think that I planted them early enough.  Learning to grow in Zone 9, instead of Zone 5.  Big change.

Here is a recipe:

Hot Fudge Cake
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 TAB cocoa
2 TEA baking powder
1/4 TEA salt
1/2 cup milk
2 TAB vegetable oil
1 TEA vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cups hot water

Heat oven to 350

Mix flour, sugar, 2 TAB cocoa, baking powder, and salt in ungreased 9 X 9 baking dish

Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla with a fork until smooth

Stir in nuts and spread in the dish.

Mix together brown sugar and cocoa.  Sprinkle over cake mixture.

Pour hot water over the batter

Bake 40 minutes

Let stand for 15 minutes

Serve with vanilla ice cream




Sure it is Lo-Cal.   LOL!!!



Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little gal! That recipe sounds wonderful - thanks! I need to get back on the vitamins myself. I was doing so well! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to have a crop!!! Cute pic and I love the recipe ...since it is lo-cal and all lololol

    ReplyDelete