Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Over the hump day.

I finally got my camera in order.   Thanks for all the advise.  Works great now.

I have started doing my cross stitch using the strand a day method.  You committ to using at least one strand a day working on a piece.  It is amazing how much you can do this way.  You can visit HDF's site and join the forum and learn more about this and join in the fun.  The link is on my sidebar.  It is Vikki Clayton's site.  You will find forum on the left side when you enter her site.

My garden is slowly coming along.  I am not happy with my lettuce, spinach, or chard.  Cucumbers aren't setting the world on fire either.  I don't know what is wrong.  The weather here is chilly in the mornings, then 80 in the afternoon.  These are all cool weather crops.  This is the second time that I have planted the cucumbers.  We will have to see how it goes.  The cucumber plants at Lowe's didn't look good the other day when I was there.

If you are making your own soap, please know that Fels Naptha soap is made with petro-chemicals.  Zote is a much safer soap to use.  You can visit Homestead Wannabes blog to look up her recipes for homemade cleaners and soap.  Her blog is in my blog list.  Please visit Jackie's great site.  If you are having a hard time finding Zote, I get mine at Big Lots.  It is 80 - 88 cents per bar.  Let me know if you can't find it.  It has a nice lemony smell.

Well, I think that is all.  I will be getting pics of my cross stitch projects and my newly organized closet in the next couple of days.  Have a great day.


The rose my Hubby got me.


Don't know what this is, but it is pretty.


Bri loves this because it is called Bunny Ears.


The new mirror and candles in the patio.

3 comments:

  1. A strand a day? I like that plan. I've done so little stitching with worrying over my sick dogs. I need some time to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that mirror!

    My chard is not doing well too. I'm skipping the cukes this year. We've had similar temps in ATL and I'm thinking maybe it's too hot already in the afternoons for it. I had califlower started and I don't know whether to go ahead and plant it or not.

    Thanks so much for putting my button on your blog!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info. on Fels Naptha. I don't use it anyway because I can't stand the smell! Last time I made laundry soap I used Kirk's Castille, which was ok. I'll look for the Zote at Big Lots, I used to get it from Wal-Mart but they don't have it now.
    Lovely flowers! The pretty pink one may be a Mandevilla vine ... they have similiar flowers.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I'll be visiting you again!
    Blessings,
    Catherine :)

    ReplyDelete