Thursday, April 22, 2010

Feeling better today.

I guess that I got a 24 hour thing.  I feel much better today.  Just kind of tired.

Did three loads of laundry yesterday.  So now I have to put all the laundry away. 

Still trying to get my room organized.  I have been thinking of a way to store blankets and sheets under my bed.  Has anyone used those bags that you vacuum the air out?  Do they work?

My tomatoes are going crazy from the rain and the muggy days.  We have been in the low 80's.  I am not ready for the muggy summers here in Houston.  That is the only thing that I really don't like here.  Not that it didn't get hot in Ohio.  Just not as long or as hot and muggy.

Here is another beautiful poem I found:

Never Be Discouraged

There is really nothing we need know
or even try to understand
If we refuse to be discouraged
and trust God's Guiding Hand...
So take heart and meet each minute
with Faith in God's Great Love,
Aware that every day of life
is controlled by God Above...
And never dread tomorrow
or what the Future brings,
Just pray for strength and courage
and trust God in all things...
And never grow discouraged
be patient and just wait
For "God never comes too early
and He never Comes too late!"

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee...   Psalms 55:22

From Loving Thoughts by Helen Steiner Rice

God Bless.

From the Downtown Aquarium


By the way, Andrew went thru his surgery well yesterday.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for him.  Stacy is very grateful.



10 comments:

  1. Glad you are better. I have never used those things so I cannot give you any advice.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better and that Andrew's surgery went well. Have a great day.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I just popped over from the farmgirl connection. SOOO glad I did. I really needed the poem you posted today. And all of a sudden I was hearing Moya Brennan's lovely voice, too. Thank you for sharing from your heart and for the moments of peace I found here today. I'll definitely be back. staci860 FG# 973

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you're feeling better!

    I have used the vacuum seal bags! I use them to pack more stuff into my suitcases; my mother uses them to store blankets and bedding. They do work very well.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your feeling better! I have also used the vacuum seal bags for packing when I go on trips and I think they work really great. I'd love to get some of the big ones for storing blankets and things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better!! When we make our next trip to Texas to see Lee's mom I was hoping we can meet!! THat would be great.

    hey , head over to my blog I have something for YOU!!
    Hugzzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy :)

    I'm glad you are feeling better! You accomplished alot despite being ill.

    Tnank you for sharing the poem, perfect!

    have a blessed day!

    Sharon (Calicogirl)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you are feeling better now!! And thanks for sharing that poem. It was beautifully written and it ministered to me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Thought you might want to know it was in the 60's and rainy today here in Ohio.

    As for the bags - I have used Glad and squeezed the air out. Not the neatest, but they do keep the dust, dirt, and critters out.

    ReplyDelete