Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busy Thursday

Good morning!  It is cool and sprinkling here today. 

Bri is having her China party at her school today.  They are having Lo Mein, Fried Rice, and Eggrolls.  Plus they are learning Chinese characters, making masks, and listening to music.

She came home a fire-lady yesterday.  The local fire house sent firemen and a truck to the Pre-school.  She wore her helmet until bath time.  They got bags with fire safety color pages and they got to ride around the parking lot in the truck, use the siren, and the firemen lit and put out a small fire.  They also put on their gear so the kids could see them with the Scott bottle and such.  What a great group of guys.  This prompted Bri to want to be a Fire-Lady because there were no girls.  LOL

We have to take Honey to the vet today.  She needs a shot and a check up. 

Got my teddy bear bib done.  I got it from the DMC site.  It was a freebie.  Also here is the progress on my Mermaid I am doing for George's birthday.  I am using DMC 3810 for the Mermaid, and DMC varigated 67 for the bubbles with the angel fish in them.  His birthday is May 6.  So I hope to have it done.  I am going to let him pick out the frame for it.

Have a wonderful day!!






This is the Mermaid freebie from Aury.


The freebie from DMC

8 comments:

  1. Hi Amy - cute little firemanette you have there! I'll bet she's had fun this week at school. If your schools are like ours, they'd always plan lots of fun things for the little ones at the end of the school year! We even had a swim party one time!

    Nice stitching there. I never learned to cross-stitch. I did some English smocking when my daughter was little so I could make her some little gowns and such. Take care - Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is so pretty and love your flowers, they are gorgeous. Bri is so cute, love to see her pictures.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, it is so nice to meet you! Thank you so much for putting my button in your sidebar. :) I hope we get to know one another more through our blogging.

    Have you been using Zote long? Does it do a good job on your laundry?

    I will look around for it here. There is a Big Lots about 45 minutes away, so I will look there next time I get to that town.

    Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you a a lucky mama! what a cutie you've got and you are so talented! I love your needle work =)

    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to learn about the Chinese culture! You needlework is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your blog, those flowers on the right side are so old fashioned and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue colors on your mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy -- the flower pics are beautiful and Bri is a cutey in that fire hat! Did you find a setting on your camera --- glad to hear it is working better!

    ReplyDelete