Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Tales

Good morning.  It is a nice sunny day here today.  I wish I could hang out my laundry.  But HOA rules apply.  I would never buy into a development.  One day we will be on our own again.

I ran out early and did my errands.  We had to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  I love looking at all the cute stuff in the store area.  But I usually don't buy unless it is in the 40 - 75% off bin.

So I am spending the rest of the day on job work, laundry, and housework.  The housework is piled up due to Bri being home a week for Spring break.  Plus I usually do my laundry during the week.  I try not to do loads on the weekend.  My sister in law usually does hers then.  I shouldn't be that behind in housework.  I only have our room, the bathroom, the loft, Bri's room, and the kitchen to do.  But our room is still the catch all.  We aren't all the way unpacked.  I am not bothering to unpack any of my kitchen stuff.  All my depression glass and stuff is still packed.  I am not bothering to unpack that either.  I am going to go thru my clothes again.  I have been thru a Texas winter and a Texas summer now and I can make up my mind about my clothes now.  Most of my stuff is craft stuff.  I just need to get more organized. 

Well, that is all for today.  Thanks for all the comments and prayers.  I am very grateful.


Easy candy

1 14oz can sweetened condensed mild
2 16 oz packs of powdered sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup fine coco nut flakes
2 cups chopped pecans
2 16oz packs chocolate ships
2 tablespoons butter

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter.  Roll into 1 inch balls.

Set on waxed paper and chill for 2 hours

Melt chips and butter in a small bowl in the microwave.  Be careful not to burn the chocolate.

Put a toothpick in the balls and dip in the melted chocolate.  Place on waxed paper to set.

Store airtight when dry.

You can use melting chocolate disks from the craft store in place of the chips and butter.  It sets up faster.

This is my hubby


This is Snow White in Wonderland in Texas!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love that pic of the little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of your Texas Snow White is adorable. My boys love the pic of your hubby as well!!

    ReplyDelete