Friday, March 12, 2010

Fantastic Friday

Good morning all.  I hope everyone is well today. 

I am reading a book called "The Power of a Praying Woman."  It is by Stormie Omartian.  I really can't comment yet, as I just started it last night.  Some one from the church passed away and the family donated all her books.  So Pastor put them out so anyone may look thru them and this caught my eye.

I finished my job work yesterday.  So I am going out running with my Hubby.  I am so glad to be able to have a day for just the two of us.  I am sure we will go to lunch. 

Bri and George went to the park after school for a while yesterday so I could finish my job work.  They played ball at the park and then George took her to Big Lots to spend her allowance on some Pony's she has been wanting.  She ran in the house all happy because she bought me a bag of peppermint pillows.  She told me she wanted to share the wealth.  I got a big kick out of that.  That is something that you really can't teach.  She has always been a very generous and sharing child.  Last year, she got a doll that she already had for Christmas from someone.  She told them how much she liked it.  Later in the evening, she came to me and told me that she wanted to give it to her friend at church because she knew that she would like it.  She also put another toy that she got in the bag too because she thought she got too much things and it was better to share.  I had tears in my eyes.  She has been like this from very early on.  When we visited San Antonio in 2008, she made sure that she got a small gift for her friends in the MOPS group.  She wanted them to have a little bit of the fun she had. When it was my niece's daughters birthday, she got Kara a gift and made sure that she got Markie, her brother, one too so he didn't feel left out.

Well, I need to get a few things done before we leave.  Have  a very nice day.

Is that the look of sheer joy!!

3 comments:

  1. Yep...a generous heart is not something that can be forced. It just comes natural to some. What a sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri looks like she is having a ball and such a generous little girl to boot. She is precious.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a Great Weekend my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete