Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cloudy and windy Saturday

It is cool and windy here today.  So I will be in rainy day mode again today.

We discovered a new park close to the San Jacinto Monument.  I will have to get pics next time.  There is the most beautiful house next to the water.  But I don't think I would want to live so close to the water.  We had planned on going to the Monument.  But when we got to the ferry, it was on the way out.  So we didn't want to wait for the next one.  Bri isn't that patient!!!  So I will go across the Ship Channel Bridge and around the other side next time.  So we just went to lunch and wandered in stores.

For those of you who aren't familar, the battle of San Jacinto is when Santa Anna was defeated and Texas became a Republic.  I am just learning about it myself.  It is a wonderment when you think how far you are standing from the Alamo.  This battle here lasted 18 minutes.  We are planning to go to the re-enactment next month.  I am a history buff and so is my hubby. 

If you didn't know, I met my hubby at a Civil War Re-enactment.  I will have to scan some photos.

Have a wonderful day.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks Amy, for stopping by and saying hi. Your little girl is beautiful. I love history too, but have only been to one re-enactment. It was years ago, but I enjoyed it so much.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I found you from Texas Blogging Gals. I am in the Houston area also. 5th gen Texan so love anything about TX history. I've been to the SJ re-enactment and it's a fun day, there is lots going on. Hope you are enjoying being in TX.
    www.lonestarlifer.wordpress.com
    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love history, too, and would love to get to Texas sometime to see all the history there! Beautiful pic of Bri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMY, Hello, I am a Tex blogger with a list of Tex bloggers and would like to add your name. Please come and visit and follow along.

    My husband is a history buff and could you please tell me when the enactment is taking place at San Jacinto Monument. He would love to go if he is off.

    Thanks.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat place to meet a man! My husband loves those kind of history reenactment places. every time we are on vacation, he finds one to go to.

    ReplyDelete