Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chores, stitching, and sun

Good morning.  It is nice and sunny now.  We were awoke by a nasty, windy, thunderstorm and heavy rain this morning.  Texas is something else when it comes to rain storms.  I think it is because we are so close to the Bay and the Gulf.

I worked on the baby blanket last night while I watched Ghost Hunters.  It wasn't a very good one.  Next week looks better.

I am getting back to normal around here after Bri being home all last week.  She will be off for Good Friday.  So we are packing a lunch and headed to that great park that we found down by the water.  She can run her little tail off.  I can get an "arm workout" using the hand ferry thing that she likes.  And we have a beautiful forecast for Friday for a family outting.  I am blessed.

My job work is done for the week.  So I am free to putter around the house.  I need to bake two cakes and two pies for the fish fry at the church on Saturday.  I have to put together a kitchen basket for the silent auction.  I want to put two homemade dishclothes in it.  I will be taking tickets and dishing up desserts on Saturday.  Again a beautiful forecast.

Well, have a wonderful day.  And please mention my giveaway if you want to be in for the Daily Bible.

The color I am using for the baby blanket


Update on "Now I Know My ABCs"


Start of a sampler in SANQ.


One of my dishcloths.  Great color stripes.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice stitching. I admire people who have patience to do that kind of thing. I crocheted a dish cloth and some scarves once, but been so long, I'd have to re-learn it. Have a great day of puttering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the knitting. Wish I had knitting skills. Don't have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful stitching!!! Enjoy your puttering time!! I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I have always wanted to learn how to knit, crochet or sew. I'm sad to say I have no idea how to do any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to learn how to knit!! I think that dish cloth is very cool. It would match my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh honey, you have been one busy chick. Your work is just beautiful.

    I just wanted to pop in and wish you a wonderfully blessed weekend!

    God bless ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, your work is just beautiful. I love your post about what you are doing! What kind of cakes and pies are you making? Your handiwork is one-of-a-kind! I love those dishcloths. My 78 year young Mother makes them for me. I need to learn how too. They are my dishcloth of choice.

    I think it is wonderful that you are giving away a bible. I will pray that the right one gets it. Oh, count me in. I am a bible study teacher and a Christian speaker. I have so many people to share a bible with!
    You have such a lovely blog!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy Amy
    Just had to ride by and wish you and yours a very happy Happy Easter .
    Your talents amaze me !
    I have no real talent to speak of.
    I love the red,white and blue colors well actually I liked it all.
    Your Church is blessed to have you taking part :)
    Big hugs to you sweetie.
    Enjoy the nice weather .
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching and dishcloths, etc., Amy! What sampler from SANQ are you doing? I really need to get cracking on doing stuff from that magazine.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi amy,

    just found your blog by way of dragon my needle. was trying to figure out the totally useless sal but still haven't figured it out! :)

    was wondering what part of houston's outskirts your from? i'm on the west side. loved your crocheted baby's blanket...thats something i need to learn to do. took a class once....

    ReplyDelete