Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Tales

Hello.  Can you believe that we are under a winter storm warning????  I thought that I moved to Texas to get out of the yucky winter weather.

Here is a recipe for those who aren't eating meat for Lent.

Crunchy Tuna Casserole:

2 10.75 oz cans of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
2 6oz cans of tuna
1 cup cashew pieces
2 cups finely diced green peppers
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
4 chopped pimientos
1 cup chow mein noodles

Combine all but noodles and put in a buttered 9X13 pan.
Top with noodles
Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.


For the kids to make:

1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups uncooked rice
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
8 pork chops

Mix soups, rice, milk, and sour cream and pour into a buttered 9X13 pan.  Place pork chops on top.
Cover and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.

Surprize Pizza Pie:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups well-drained canned tomatoes
3 T chopped parsley
3/8  teaspoon dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 T chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon oregano
3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella

Mix beef with salt and pepper.  Pat out in a 9 inch pie pan.
Spread drained tomatoes over meat and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve.

You can also put on pepperoni, green peppers, onions, etc

Have a great day!!  Stay warm.
Jelly fish at the Downtown Aquarium

4 comments:

  1. I was going to comment on the wierd weather but got distracted. You posted my button! YEAH. My daugher is supposed to size it down so please check back later for a more manageable size.

    Anyway, when I heard about TX getting MORE SNOW I was so shocked. We lived in Garland for many years. I don't recall having much snow. Now the world is white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey amy. My daughter made my button smaller so you can use that if you want.

    I also sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipes! Hope you're keeping warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recipes sound great!!! How much snow did you get??

    ReplyDelete