Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday Tales

Had a sick little girl home yesterday.  Stuffed up and drippy eyes.  So I put Vicks on, gave her a shot of cold syrup, and let her watch movies and play her 'tendo.  She got presents from Daddy and Aunt Linda.  Then later I gave her a bath and gave her a full dose of night time cold and cough and let her watch "Kipper" until she crashed.  She was much better this morning.  She begged me to go to school.  So I did.

I sat on the couch and stitched up a storm almost all day yesterday.  I am working on a project for the frontpage of the Yahoo group "Stitcher's Antics."  Please join our group for stitching and just plan fun antics!!  For those of you not familar with Yahoo groups, just go to Yahoo and click on groups.  There are tons of groups for any type of hobby, interests, and such.

I'll leave you with a recipe and more pictures from the aquarium. Have a blessed day.

Easy Tasty Salmon

2 tsp minced garlic    ( I buy mine in the jar already minced)
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp sea salt or lite salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
6 salmon fillets (4oz)
1 tbsp minced fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried

Line a baking pan with foil and spray with Pam.

In a saute pan, saute garlic in the oil until tender.  Stir in balsamic, mustard, water, honey, salt, and pepper.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat.  Simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until slightly thickened  Set aside 3 tbsps for basting.

Place fillets into pan with foil.  Brush with sauce and sprinkle with oregano.  Bake, uncovered 425 for 15-17 minutes, or salmon flakes easily with a fork.  Brush with reserved sauce and serve.

You can also do this in your George Foreman Grill.






Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the salmon recipe. I love salmon!

    All the best for your little girl!

    Love, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I like salmon and usually just throw some pepper on it but my family loves it when I spice things up. Thanks so much. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. I'm not a salmon fan, but my family loves it. I just watched Bear Gryllis eat a raw salmon--as in--pluck it out of the ocean and chomp on it--last night. It's going to take awhile to get that image out of my mind!

    I hope your daughter is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete