Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tuesday Tales

I have been so busy with work.  Thankfully, it is almost done now. 

I don't have any finishes to post.  But I am working on my Jan and Feb ornies for the Bride's Tree SAL.  (see Bride's Tree SAL in my blog list).  I got more fabric and floss at Hobby Lobby.  I am using 28 ct Monanco teastained for all the ornies.  There will be 12 in total.

I got the pattern for Panopoly of Posies (see Tempting Tangles blog in my blog list).  I made myself promise to finish the Alphabet (Cheater's) and the Bride SALs first before I start this.  I won't let myself buy the fabric either.  It will be 32 ct.

I got materials to make Valentine's with Bri.  There are 15 in her class.  I was very happy, all Valentine items were 40% off at Hobby Lobby.  I got plain pink and red cards.  I also got white and red small dollies made of paper.  Then I got stickers.  That way I don't have to cut out anything and Bri will just stick the stickers on after I glue the dollies on.  She wants to make some for her aunts, uncles, and Grammy and PopPop too.  It only cost me 15.00.  I was happy about that.  I was planning on getting scrapbook paper and cutting them, folding into cards, and then decorating them.  This will save me time and money. 

Here is a nice snack for Super Bowl Sunday or any party:

Burger Two Bites

3/4 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon pickle relish
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Shredded cheese of your choice
2 8oz crescent roll tubes

Cook beef, onions, and garlic in a skillet until meat is no longer pink and drain.
Mix in all other ingredients.
Unroll crescents and cut all triangles in half lengthwise. 
Put  a tablespoon of meat mixture in each triangle and roll up.
Put point side down on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm with ketchup, mustard, and/or BBQ sauce.



Aren't these interesting bookends??

7 comments:

  1. Ah yes, nice bookends. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the chicken dish from your last post Amy and we really liked it. I will make it again. I have to play with the ingredients as I cannot get things you can get but it was really delicious.

    I am also so busy with things and don't have things to show finished. I am working on a couple of quilt projects all of which take time... Stitching a piece that is on small count and that is taking time... But I can now post photos from our quilt group and the first blocks that are finished. I will look forward to seeing your ornaments.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL love the pic!! cant wait to see your stiching projects!! Hugzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find on Valentine supplies, don't you just love Hobby Lobby?? Looking forward to the superbowl and those burgers! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a lot of projects, you sound like me. Love your bookends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bookends are adorable. I love their little bandanas. Reminds me of my little Duc (mini long haired daschie) who always wore one for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable bookends that you have there! ;) I can't wait to see pics of your stitching. The valentines sound like fun--I miss those days with my rugrats!

    ReplyDelete